- WebAssembly + Go = the future of web development – GopherAcademy cofounder Brian
been watching WebAssembly with great anticipation, and now that it supports
Go, he has concluded that Wasm is the future of web development.
- WebAssembly (abbreviated Wasm)
is a safe, portable, low-level code format designed for efficient execution
and compact representation. Its main goal is to enable high performance
applications on the Web, but it does not make any Web-specific assumptions
or provide Web-specific features, so it can be employed in other
environments as well.
- 10 Common Git Problems and How to Fix Them.
- Introduction to Redis
– A look at NoSQL memory-optimized database
- Top 8 Data Structures
for Coding Interviews and practice interview questions.
- What machine learning means for software development – t’s poised to
change the nature of software development in fundamental ways, perhaps for
the first time since the invention of FORTRAN and LISP. Machine learning
presents the first real challenge to our decades-old paradigms for
programming. Ben Lorica and Mike Loukides (O’Reilly) examine the impact of
machine learning on programming jobs.
- Python tutorial: Best practices and common mistakes to avoid – Coding is fun, especially
when your “weapon of choice” is Python! There are, however, some common
mistakes that keep you from having a fun time with Python. Here’s a quick
tutorial from N. Subash Reddy (Jaxenter) to help you steer away from the
most common mistakes.
- Getting ready for Java 11
– While Java 11 is not the update to set the Java world alight, it does
contain some steady improvements, along with some weird adventures in
garbage collection! James Sugrue (DZone/Java Zone) touches on the highlights.
- How to become a DevOps engineer in 6 months or less
– If you’re a developer looking to shift your career towards a more DevOps
model, or a classically trained Ops person who would like to get a feeling
of what this whole DevOps thing is all about, or neither, just looking for
a career change, then read on. This is Part 1 of a multi-part series by Igor
Kantor, that will turn you into a DevOps engineer in roughly no time (plus
or minus a little time).
- A survival guide for new team leaders – Full stack engineer Joseph Wynn
was thrown into a team lead role without much warning and with very little
support. He shares advice and best practices for anyone transitioning into
a team leadership position in this survival guide.